مدرسة الجمالية الثانوية بنات
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.
مدرسة الجمالية الثانوية بنات

الرئيسيةالرئيسية  البوابةالبوابة  أحدث الصورأحدث الصور  التسجيلالتسجيل  دخولدخول  تسجيل دخول الاعضاءتسجيل دخول الاعضاء  

Listening Skill

اذهب الى الأسفل 
+2
محبة الايمان
CAMELLIA RADHWAN
6 مشترك
كاتب الموضوعرسالة
CAMELLIA RADHWAN
عضو مبتدىء
عضو مبتدىء

[imgListening Skill E8s7dt
عدد المساهمات : 2
تاريخ التسجيل : 30/01/2010

Listening Skill Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: Listening Skill   Listening Skill Icon_minitimeالأربعاء مارس 03, 2010 8:25 am

Listening

What is the listening skill?

Before we can teach listening to our students it is worth considering what is involved when we listen in our first language. We usually listen for a reason (e.g. to get information or for pleasure). If we don’t have a reason for listening it’s unlikely we will remember what we have listened to. How many times do you sit down and watch TV without really concentrating? Do you remember later what you listened to? When we listen our brains are working to help us process the sounds we hear. We might have a set of questions we want answered, and we can usually predict some of the content. Above all, we will ignore words or phrases we don’t understand, because we can’t stop listening once we have started. This is what makes listening difficult (and a little scary) for learners of English. Think about reading a book – if you don’t understand something you can stop and go back. You can’t do this when you listen. But if you use the same techniques described above, you can make listening to English a lot easier.

How to choose a listening text

You can use these questions to choose a suitable listening text for your students.

o What is the aim? Can I use the text for language as well as skills development?
o Is the topic familiar and interesting for my students?
o How difficult is the text? How can I help my students to understand it?
o How much of the text do they need to understand?
o How many speakers are there and how can my students know who is speaking?
o Is the quality of the listening text good?

Problems and solutions

Problem How to help
Students can’t follow the different speakers and get bored quickly
o Introduce the speakers and make a clear distinction between them (e.g. man and woman)
o Video is better than a tape because there is visual support
o Make sure students know why they are listening
Students try to listen to every word and become de-motivated o Tell them they will listen two times
o Give them a very simple task the first time they listen to build their confidence
o Focus then on the message of the text not the individual words
There is too much unknown vocabulary in the text o Pre-teach unknown vocabulary (but only what students need – don’t pre-teach more than 10 unknown words/phrases)
o Ask students to focus on the key words (meaning words)
o Make the task simple
Students panic because they think the speakers are very fast o The problem is not the speed of the speakers, but the students listening ability.
o Break up the text into short segments
o Re-assure and praise the students when they understand
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل
محبة الايمان
عضو مميز
عضو مميز
محبة الايمان

Listening Skill Resized123

عدد المساهمات : 1963
تاريخ التسجيل : 24/01/2010
العمر : 29
الموقع : في رعاية الله

Listening Skill Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: رد: Listening Skill   Listening Skill Icon_minitimeالأربعاء مارس 03, 2010 3:32 pm

شكراااااا جزيلا لحضرتك ا/ كاميليا وجزاكم الله خيراااااااا
MaSteR.M
عضو خارق
عضو خارق
MaSteR.M

عدد المساهمات : 2077
تاريخ التسجيل : 24/02/2010
العمر : 30
الموقع : www.gssg.hooxs.com

Listening Skill Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: رد: Listening Skill   Listening Skill Icon_minitimeالسبت أبريل 17, 2010 10:22 pm

شكرا لكى
http://www.gssg.hooxs.com
زهرة المدائن
عضو خارق
عضو خارق
زهرة المدائن

عدد المساهمات : 2498
تاريخ التسجيل : 05/01/2010
الموقع : www.spacetoonnate.yoo7.com

Listening Skill Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: رد: Listening Skill   Listening Skill Icon_minitimeالسبت أبريل 17, 2010 11:25 pm

شكرا لحضرتك يا ابله كاميليا
http://www.spacetoonnate.yoo7.com
سلسبيل
عضو ذهبى
عضو ذهبى
سلسبيل

Listening Skill Resized123

عدد المساهمات : 693
تاريخ التسجيل : 06/02/2010
الموقع : klamkeber.all-up.com

Listening Skill Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: رد: Listening Skill   Listening Skill Icon_minitimeالإثنين مايو 10, 2010 11:10 pm

شكرا ليكى يا ابله كاميليا على المجهود الرائع
Admin
مؤسس المنتدى
مؤسس المنتدى
Admin

عدد المساهمات : 200
تاريخ التسجيل : 03/01/2010
العمر : 58

Listening Skill Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: رد: Listening Skill   Listening Skill Icon_minitimeالجمعة مايو 14, 2010 8:19 pm

“I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen.”

Ernest Hemingway quotes

Thanks a lot Mrs. Camellia
https://gssg.hooxs.com

Listening Skill
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
صفحة 1 من اصل 1

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى
مدرسة الجمالية الثانوية بنات  :: قسم اللغة الإنجليزية :: طرق تدرس اللغة الإنجلـيزية-
انتقل الى: